Monday, November 14, 2011

Blessing the Babe

We blessed Lincoln Last Sunday, November 7. It was a good day. He was a good boy, and we had good company. :) Ryan's family, Emily's family, and Rick's family all joined us. It happened to be the same day they divided our ward as well...so not the typical Sunday. I guess it was time for our 600 + ward to be trimmed down. So besides getting to hear Lincoln's blessing, they also got to see the explanation of boundaries and the tears that followed. It was too bad I didn't get the opportunity to bear my testimony as it wasn't the normal fast and Testimony meeting, but that's ok, I had a testimony in my heart. ;) I'm not one to rush to get up and do it, however, I always thought the day I bless my babies would always be a good time to stand. I guess we'll start with number 2 ;-)

After church we had a little lunch at our house. It was cozy and fun with everyone. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE having a house to entertain in?? To finally be the ones to wave others goodbye and NOT have to be the ones to drive home? Yes, it is amazing :)


Our Little Family of 3. I sure do love them!

Haha I sure do love him!
Dave snapped a few pictures of Lincoln for me while we were home in Utah....He got a handsome subject, and I got a nice quality picture. Win-Win =) Unfortunately this was before he started to smile...once we got back to Texas he was full of them!

Our bright eyed Little Boy

The helping hands :) I have Wonderful Sisters, and Sisters-in-laws!

Luckily it was a very nice day. I tell you, Texas 70's in November definitely beats Utah snow in November :)
Consequently the kids got to eat out side. Happy kids. And Happy parents :)

2 comments:

  1. Of course that would all happen on the same sunday :). But that's so great you had so many relatives in for the occasion! Your little Lincoln is just precious, I love the pictures below too! You look so great! CUTE family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Amber! I check your blog every once in a while and I am happy to finally see pictures of your baby boy! Congratulations again!!!

    ReplyDelete